Day 35: Although lonliness has always been a friend of mine...

20 March, Day 35: John 8: 21-30

Hope you will read beyond the extremely cheesy title!!  (Backstreet Boys, 1997 😁)

I remember that the first few months after moving to London to study in 2010 being some of my loneliest days. It wasn't fun being uprooted from my comfort zone of family and friends and moving to a foreign country on my own (cold, grey days that added to the depression!).

I recall those times as I read today's verse from John 8: 21-30

 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.

Thoughts:

Words of hope that could have served me well earlier if I had gone looking for it.

I noticed that this week the Gospel readings about Jesus have him increasingly speaking about his divinity and while the words are quite plain, its meaning is often intense and heavy and requires real introspection.

Of course this needs faith and trust of a spectacular sort, but we're called to follow Jesus's example here. 1) pleasing God - doing God's will and 2) realising that whatever it may be, whichever path we've chosen, He will not abandon us at any point, even if we may often feel that way.

Takeaway: If you ever feel lonely or alone, nobody else might be there, but God's there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep the faith

Day 40: The home stretch

Day 27: Finding neverland