Day 26: Of hope and freedom

11 March, Day 26: John 3:14-21

I'd often seen John 3:16 mentioned in random places (while watching a sporting event or at the back of a car or spray painted on a wall) without even knowing what it is referring to!

It's a very widely known verse, and is said to be a summary of the whole Gospel - imagine that.

To read it in full, do look up John 3: 14-21

For God so loved the world, he gave his only son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

Thoughts: Profound words, whose meaning tends to linger for a while. This is the very point of Christianity, it is its essence.

Every day until now, I've always tried to find a solid message from the daily Gospel to take away to practically apply in my life. But this verse stands out as it purely rests on faith over complete understanding. So, I try to awaken my faith nd accept what I can with my incomplete understanding of it.

Takeaway: There is hope and salvation for the world no matter how ugly and cruel and terrible things get. Jesus was sent to the world not to punish people for their transgressions, but to offer a way out of misery.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep the faith

Day 40: The home stretch

Day 27: Finding neverland